In 2016 DEREK was VOTED THE NUMBER 1 SPEAKER ON NEGOTIATION SKILLS IN THE UK BY THE MEMBERS OF THE PROFESSIONAL SPEAKING ASSOCIATION. He also won the prestigious award, the Professional Speaking Association’s Founders award for motivational and Inspirational Business Speaking. The has only been awarded to 3 people in 18 years
Contact Derek’s office 08450 574116 TO BOOK DEREK NOW
“Thanks for an inspirational day yesterday for my team at Nedbank. Huge amounts of energy, positivity and tremendous value. Rob Currie Head of Relationship Management”.
1 – Negotiation and Persuasion Skills Masterclass
Part 1 – The critical steps on the ladder of Negotiating
The key elements of psychology in pitching, presenting, persuasion to get to the negotiating table.
- The power of Win Win Win. Fast track rapport
- The negotiators scorecard – the 11 steps
- EGO’s and Power. ME plc
- Preparation – analysis of the positions, options. Targets BP-TP-WAP-AP
- Pricing, USP’s features v advantages v BENEFITS – WIIFM
- Forensic questioning and high quality listening
- The psychology of bargaining, trading and haggling
- Networking and negotiation. Know, like, trust. Information is power
- Handling conflict and difficult people
Part 2 – Advanced Negotiating Strategies
- Reading people, issues and situations.
- Applied positive psychology – NLP – sensory awareness in negotiating
- Tactical moves – traits of influencing
- Handling psychological manoeuvres –
- Micro and macro body language, tone and language
- The truth about spin and lying –
- Some people don’t want to play fair.
- Hearing what is not said – using your intuition
- How to negotiate with variables – inexpensive valuable concessions
- Confidence, experience and wisdom
The masterclass is inspirational, educational, fast paced and Derek’s latest book published by Pearson is included.
2 – Presentation Masterclass – Presenting Phenomenally
“Derek’s day to 25 NHS Care Commisioners was inspiring and helped them upgrade their presentation skills to enable them to make much clearer, succinct presentations with confidence”. Jane Kidger
Objectives – The masterclass will increase your skills, increase your results and increase your confident to present, pitch and persuade.
The following topics will be covered on the Masterclass
- The importance of clear and focused objectives, agendas and outcomes
- How to structure the presentation – start with the end in mind
- The opening – the closing – the sandwich in the middle
- How to use –
- Mindmaps, cards and notes
- Flip charts, White boards, A/V and Projectors
- Powerpoint, keynote, screenshots, videos
- Handouts, pitch documents and USP’s
- Visuals – Props – Materiall
- How to avoid death by powerpoint and bullet points
- 1st Impressions, building rapport, seating
- Accessories, props, business cards Materials
- Presenting or pitching – attention spans
- Power of stories – (PSA) – point, story and application
- Using Influence, Neuro psychology (NLP) and the power of three
- Opening and the ABC of closing.
- What happens when the time is cut short
- Questioning and listening. Body language
- Networking and elevator pitches.
- What we can learn from the Masters. Modelling
- Professional Speaking Association – Global speakers association
- Remember presenting should be a present for the audience
- Confidence, self management and handling stress