Derek Arden’s Inner Circle Wednesday 15th September
At Abbey Business Centre Victoria NOTES
By joining this Think Tank we have proved that we are ready to learn Not only What to do but How to do it! and receive, as well, the stimulus to make a start.
The Carnegie Secret-All achievement, all earned riches have their beginnings in an idea. If you are ready for the secret, you already possess one half of it; therefore you will readily recognise the other half the moment it reaches your mind.
You become who you mix with.
You earn the average of the 6 people you spend the most time with.
Mix with positive minded people.
Think it! Ink it!
Six major changes to client
- Heard it all before
- More demands
- More value conscious
- More saturated
- More Self Orientated (W11FM) What’s in it for me?
How are YOU different? What’s the difference that makes the difference?
You are the difference! You have to build up trust and be known for your honesty.
20% of your clients will give you 80% of the business.
How to handle changes.
- Proof – Testimonials
- Always seeking opportunities
- Do whatever to get results
- Realise that help is needed
- Problem finder v Solution creator
- Workers mentality v Entrepreneur
OPPORTUNITY IS NOW HERE – depending on where you position the W.
- Make it happen person
- How do they remember you?
- Need more customers.
- More sales per customer- look to increase sales amongst clients held.
- More Order value per customer
Successful websites – Google, itunes, Facebook, Amazon, Msn, Yahoo, LinkedIn, BBC, Ebay, YouTube Twitter.
- Fact! Facebook makes $500mn per quarter and gets 27% of all internet traffic
- Fact! Amazon makes $7bn per quarter
- Fact! Twitter is the fastest growing website ever but makes no money at all.
- Fact! 95% of all searches go to just 6 companies.
Some of the websites are successful because they have the most traffic
Some are successful because they make the most money.
All the websites have a Single purpose.
- Does our website have a single or multiple purposes.
- If it is multiple it will not make money. If it has a single purpose it will be successful.
- Bigger sites ie more content are more attractive.
- We should have more content than any of our competitors.
- Input from clients.
- Regularly refresh and update website adding fresh vibrant new content everyday.
- Website should not be about You.
- You get ½ a second to make an impression before people click away.
2 common features of the most successful online companies.
- Adding content everyday.
- Concentrate on contacting people everyday.
Blogging is very important, it can take 6 months to get going so don’t give up.
To blog in multiple sites at once use Tumblr www.tumblr.com/
Make a list and prioritise it.
Time management is actually energy management.
- Identify our goals.
- Set Priorities.
- Do more of what takes you towards those goals.
- Do less of whatever takes you away from these goals.
Have a 1-31 file – for physical documents.
Networking- You don’t have to sell. People will only buy from you when 3 conditions are met.
- They have to Know you
- They have to like you
- They have to trust you.
It’s the small buy clomid liquid talk that will win them over. 2 things to remember never ask them if they are married or how many children they have. Build up a relationship and rapport.
- Don’t Sell – Help and Value.
- Be enthusiastic!
- Be Organised!
- Who is going to be there?
- The key is Preparation and Planning.
You go to a business event to spot the “aha” moment.
You do what you say you’re going to do and you do it when you say you’re going to do it.
Success Factor – Be Persistent- Don’t pester – always ask permission.
3 Skills to notice the “aha” moment.
- Ask the right questions
- Small talk
- Business talk
In the business talk remember:
Now- establish role of person you are talking to.
Past – How big is the company?
Future- Where do you see your business going in the next 18 months?
Seize the moment – Ask for THEIR business card.
On the back of the business card in front of them write a date to contact them.
Ask which number is best to get them at.
Remember timing – When to talk and when to listen.
Learn body language; identify closed and open groups and the lone person against the wall. Don’t go near the closed group!
6 Pillars of Influencing
- Liking, people buy from people they like – Mirror and match body language.
- Authority, tell them
- Scarcity, people want things not easy to get
- Social Proof, people do things others have done
- Reciprocity, unconditional gifts- What can you give
- Commitment and Consistency. Agreed – Difficult to go back on.
Use the word because as research shows, and has proved, this influences a person’s decision.
Contrast Principle – Used in Negotiation.
Contrast is an important principle by which we make decisions. So to persuade something, we can leverage this by paying attention to these comparisons.
Sales people will often use the contrast effect by showing you a poor quality product alongside the one that they want you to buy.
They might also show you a wonderful product that is way beyond your reach. When you compare your ideal purchase with this, you are then likely to re-evaluate it upwards. Then when you look at a range of products, you will chose higher up the scale than you might otherwise have done.
They will also sell you add-ons. For example when you buy an expensive car, the optional extras seem very cheap in comparison.
Control the comparator
The overall trick is in controlling the comparator. Once you have identified the decisions that you want them to make, identify the comparator that they may use and then work to replace it with your comparator.
You can make it more available. You can stretch their envelope by making it better or worse than expected. You can also change the priorities, for example getting them to compare first quality instead of cost.
Main Stress Issues
- Lack of Organisation.
- Tight deadlines- Over promising.
- Too busy to take breaks.
- Too much or too complicated work.
5 Key Stress Management techniques
- Learn to breathe properly.
- Recognise when muscles are tense.
- Take regular breaks.
- Learn to sit and stand properly.
- Remember the mind body connection.
Have a timer on the computer and take a breather every 30 minutes.
Sikander Sleemy – Graduate of Derek’s business success programme