Seven points from our Power Interview, “How to Maximise Linkedin”
- Make sure your profile and photo are as professional as it can be. Have a deep look at your pages.
- People make judgements, 57% of the time before they meet you and it’s increasing. Your online impression is critical. You don’t get a second chance to make a first Impression.
- Only 3% of the 647million people on LinkedIn post anything. So you can make a difference by posting on Linkedin and this has the effect of socially selling yourself.
- Social selling is like relationship selling. The know, like trust model where you give knowledge away using the universal law of reciprocity.
- As opposed to blindly trying to sell on LinkedIn. That affects, like two north poles, pushing each other apart. The social selling index is available at www.linkedin.com/selling/ssi. LinkedIn is owned by Microsoft – they paid $26.2billion for it. There will alwaysbe changes to the algorithms in an attempt to recoup their investment and keep you on the platform. So do not post web links that take people away from their site.
- Remember your profile should tell the viewers what you can do for them. Similar to a reverse CV which most people find difficult to write. For all the tips make sure you listen or watch this fascinating discussion
Sam Rathling Links
Book: Linked Inbound: